To say that this week has been quite frustrating would be a huge understatement. Starting with the return of the rolling power outages, which quickly went from being twice a day to three, making it rather difficult to write.
On top of that, I once again phoned the book marketing and book distributor I’ve spoken about the past couple of weeks and there was no response. I then went back to the bookstore from where I received his information and they informed me that he doesn’t take phone calls and that he’s very busy. I’ve also e-mailed the other marketing and book distributors that the store gave me and haven’t heard anything from them either. I then decided to contact our local radio station as I’ve been wanting to try and get an interview to hopefully promote the Fire Angel Universe. But the price for the interview or even a thirty-second commercial turned out to be exorbitantly expensive.
This week couldn’t possibly get any worse, one would think. They would be wrong! My cover designer e-mailed me, needing to have a meeting to explain why she could no longer do my cover. The project she’d been working on for her other client which was supposed to have seen the deadline on June 10th, has had some delays thanks to the people she’s working with messing her around, and her day job is demanding more time from her, causing her even more stress. As a result the search is on for yet another cover designer!
Meanwhile, there were actually a couple of bright spots this week. I went to the local library to once again look into what was happening with the display of my books which they’d said they were going to do last year but had been put off since one of my books was still outstanding. Now it seems things are finally coming together and the display will be taking place next week during school holidays, promising lots of traffic. Hopefully, I’ll have something to show you guys in next week’s blog!
Despite the constant power outages, I was also able to complete chapters fifty and fifty-one of the final book of the Scorched Earth trilogy, switch a chapter around, and do some random lines in a couple of other chapters. This now brings me three chapters away from the big climactic battle of the book and reaching the sixty-thousand word mark, with twenty-seven chapters left to complete. So at least I still managed to get something done out of all this chaos!