This week began with me finishing chapter thirty-two of the final book of the Scorched Earth trilogy, Scorched Earth: Revolution, before eagerly going over to chapter forty-one, where all the main characters eventually meet up. However, the interference of constant rolling power outages this week meant I failed to make much progress until Thursday when I made some significant strides in writing most of the chapter. Now all I have left to do is add the finishing touches.
Once that’s done, I plan to complete the eight remaining chapters in the first half of the book before doing the final edits on the first forty chapters. While doing that, I’ll move on to the second half of the book.
My cover designer wanted to meet again this week so she could show me some of the rough sketches she’d done of the characters and to make sure she was on the right track. We met on Friday, and I’m happy with what she had to show me. I gave her some more information on the characters’ fighting styles and answered some other questions she had. She’ll e-mail me some samples when it comes down to putting them in colour and we’ll see where we go from there. So far things are looking up for this cover.